Donations are going to be a huge aspect of this event. We are going to be accepting donations by phone, online, and in person. This is going to require a lot of meeting with Bursar and OSIL, as well as organization of donators and adequate thank-you letters or promo items.
Promotional items are also going to be a key part of both the Fund-a-thon and the concert. I am planning on getting creative with our promotional materials, from flyers, guitar picks, stickers, t-shirts, ect. Some, such as t-shirts, can be sold to raise money, while smaller items like guitar picks can be given out in order to promote our name and FM dial to concert-goers who may not be avid listeners, especially students. Sponsors are also going to be a key factor in a successful event. Local restaurants and caterers are going to be necessary to have free food all throughout the Fund-a-thon. Sponsors can also be offered prime time spots during the actual concert, which will be broadcasted on air. Local businesses will be very interested in reaching the large number of people that the concert will attract, and it will be important to sustain these connections for continued underwriters after the concert.
I am very excited about the up-coming concert. I feel that it is a great way to incorporate all of these new ideas and positions WPRK has available.
I think this sounds good. Can you give me a specific schedule for when things will get done? A list of the businesses, underwriters, alums that you will contact? I need as much specificity as possible.
ReplyDelete