This week has been pretty slow. I am glad that Charlotte Davis is finally back working with us. She has created a constant contact list for us to contact those who pledge a donation during the Fund-a-Thon. Rob and Justin also got our donation site to be redirected to helpwprk.org, to make it easier to direct people to donate to us.
There is a lot planning to do for the week of the Fund-a-thon, and I am a little worried about how smoothly it is going to run. At this point in time we had hoped to have all the food contributors, bands, and community members scheduled, however, there are definitely holes in the scheduling. The concert looks like it will be a blast, however, I am a little worried about how effective the fundraiser will be in raising donations (especially when our goal is $30,000+).
Right now an important goal is to promote the 60th Anniversary and Fund-a-thon in all ways possible, which means helping the promotions team. Another important event coming up is Club WPRK night with DJ Mo on April 5. There I am going to collect donations at the door, as well as afterwords collect proceeds from the Peacock Room. I am very excited to make this happen, and I hope that we will see a lot of people come out and support WPRK, as well as enjoy their Thursday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment