Monday, March 12, 2012

End of February - Spring Break

I have accomplished many things in the week before as well as the week of Spring Break. While working with Haley Bowen to contact our designated district about the 60th Anniversary Event, I have also been talking to Leslie, Mandy, and Lillie about how to use our funds for the concert.
After our 60th Anniversary meeting at Shipyard, I felt that everyone was able to focus on their tasks before the event, as well as have a better understand of what they are going to do during the event. I held many meetings with Rob to discuss small details, and see what other tasks we can delegate.
Along with the fund-a-thon, DJ Mo offered to host a Club WPRK night on the Thursday of the fundraiser week at the Peacock Room. I am planning on collecting donations at the club, fish-bowl style, and possibly having our e-Commerce account option available.
Our E-Commerce account is up as a two test pages: one for donations and one for purchases. Currently the pages look like:
https://bannerweb.rollins.edu/pprd/owa/pkg_ecomm.p_basic_send?orderType=WPRKDonation
https://bannerweb.rollins.edu/pprd/owa/pkg_ecomm.p_basic_send?orderType=WPRK
I am very excited about these pages and how helpful they are going to be going forward towards the event. 
On Friday of Spring Break, I met with Leslie and Lillie to discuss how we will use our budget for the event. All donations will be put into our Gift Fund, and all monies given to us from vendors, sold merchandise, and raffle money will be put into our Rollins Budget Fund. I learned how to do a cash transmittal and a check request to pay contractors from our budget. [Side note: Sara was very absent from this whole process.] Overall, I feel like a lot of things have been accomplished, and even if this event is not perfect, we have a lot of relationships and options regarding our Gift fund and budget going forward at WPRK.

No comments:

Post a Comment