Monday, February 20, 2012

Biz Recruitment: Continued


            As the business recruitment of alumni, donors and sponsors continues, the WPRK business department merged with our Promotion department to generate hype about the event. Our Promotions Director, Rob, broke down the Greater Orlando area into districts, and a two-person combo team of business department and promotions department are now able to help each other out in their different areas. The districts include the Milk, Garden, Fairbanks, Mills 50, College Park, Downtown and the Attractions.
            In the WPRK promotions meeting on Thursday, I attended the meeting to link everyone in the promotions up with their corresponding business partner. We discussed and brainstormed some methods of reaching our to sponsors and vendors. On Friday, I met with Kayla and we also talked about the best way to reach out to sponsors. We decided to come up with a list of possible sponsors and get their contact information on Park Ave. The Park Ave and Fairbanks District is going to be utilized by Kayla, Lauren, and Dara, but I wanted to help Kayla get a feel for what to say to potential sponsors. It was a great trip, and we reached out to a lot of businesses on Park Ave:
            On Saturday, I held my Biz Staff meeting with Rob and Justin (only they could make it) and we discussed the concert more in depth. We talked about the layout, how to work with vendors, and decided to focus on the raffle as a great tool to gain donations. Businesses so far (as I learned from talking to those on Park Ave.) are very interested in giving us a gift card or other trade, rather than donating for on–air promotion. By utilizing these gifts and gift cards, we can really hype up the raffle and create a huge incentive for people to donate to get raffle ticket(s). 
           This is the progress we have made so far on recruiting alumni and sponsorship donations and trades. There is still a lot to do going forward, but I feel like the Business department is on the right track and heading in a good direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment